The reason I have decided to continue on with our Babyfignewton blog is because I think it will help us remember certain things that we did with Dyllan at each age- and hopefully act as a reference for us and anyone else who is having, or has babies and might want my advice, opinion, or just idea of what worked and what didn't with Dyllan. For example- right now Dyllan is beginning to teeth... I will keep you posted on what works.. so far my only advice is to accessorize every outfit with a bib. Drool is everywhere.
My aim for this blog is to take you on a journey of what its like to be a Shmom. That is a cross between "Shmer", the nick name my college girlfriends gave me, and "mom", who I am now. Keep in mind, I don't have any close girlfriends who are new parents to take notes from, have play dates with- or call up and ask questions. So, if you are reading, and you have advice, tips, comments- please share! I hope this blog can become interactive.
Of course Dan wants to share his thoughts and stories on here too- so stay tuned for some postings from him!
Okay, to recap the last 5 months. It has been an adventure, and the best part about each month is that Dyllan keeps getting cooler. She has gone from a frail skeletor with dark hair and minimal expression to a strong, chubby bald headed baby who loves to laugh and play all the time.
We have started taking Dyllan to The Little Gym- I have taken her once, and Dan 3 times. She has learned a few new tricks- her favorite is the "flag pole" which she loves and it helps stregnthen her back . She is working on sitting up, but shes still a little tippy. And she LOVES to stand. Any chance she gets- shes like a waterskiier poping up out of the water. You give her your hand and up she goes. Even in her car seat- she will be strapped down and I'll look over and shes using all her might to break out. Her baby abs must be getting so strong!
![]() |
| Grandma Kerry and Dyllan |
![]() |
| Flag Pole |



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.